Success! Redirecting you...
Sculptures have a unique place in the art world and are made from different materials such as wood, glass, rubber, metal, fabric, stone, etc. For a creation to be considered a sculpture, it must occupy three dimensions (length, width, and height). The process of creating sculptures varies from artist to artist: some sculptures are carved, others are welded or even moulded. Regardless of how they are made, when done right sculptures can tell powerful stories and become the focal point of any space. They can be found in art galleries, but are equally common in parks, gardens, airports, and schools.
The grandeur of many sculptures attracts countless visitors. Examples include the Statue of Liberty – in the USA, Michelangelo’s Moses – in Rome, Christ the Redeemer – in Rio de Janeiro, and the Great Sphinx of Giza – in Egypt, just to name a few. Although most people often look to large sculptures to make a statement; small, sculpted objects can equally be used to accessorize your home or office interiors. Sculptures can be purchased online, however, there are a couple of things you should note before making a purchase.
Things to note when buying sculptures online
• Decide on the kind of sculpture you want
There are different types of sculptures, each with a unique design aesthetic.
1. Relief sculptures are carved from a flat surface such as stone, wood, etc.
2. Assembled sculptures combine materials like scrap metal, plastics, and other objects.
3. Free-standing sculptures are upright, three-dimensional creations that can be viewed from any angle.
4. Cast sculptures are created by pouring a liquid substance into a mould to obtain a specific shape.
5. Carved sculptures involve using a chisel to create the desired form on stone or wood.
6. Modelling sculptures involve the use of clay, plaster, or wax to create shapes. However, some artists equally use concrete, synthetic resins, plastic wood, stucco, and molten metal.
Modern sculpture designs from new and well-known artists are available for sale online (if you wish to sell art online, read Challenges Artists Face When Trying to Sell Their Art and How to Overcome Them). When picking out a sculpture, it is vital to scout the different kinds of sculptures and compare them to your design before making a purchase.
• Chose a reliable online platform
Finding the right platform to make a purchase is one step to a successful online shopping experience. There are many scams online. It is important to do a thorough background check before settling on a given platform. Also, ensure that the platform protects the buyers and has a good refund policy.
• Price scout before making a final purchase
The fun thing about online purchases is that you can scout for prices before deciding. We all know that there is no price for art, however, we can still find great sculptures at affordable prices. By comparing prices from different reliable online platforms and artists, you can settle on the best option that fits both your budget and design preference. There is no shame in price scouting, and if you find the right product at a comfortable price, it is a win-win.
Thanks for reading and happy sculpture shopping! Feel free to share your thoughts, other tips for online shopping, or your experience in the comment section.